Sunday, November 7, 2010

Scarred

I gulp the coffee down to kill my headache. The caffeine-addicted part anyway.

I’ll need something stronger for the part of the headache that comes from the knife wound in my left arm. But I know Laci won’t give that to me. This diner doesn’t have a liquor license, and they’d shut it down anyway for serving a minor. I’m lucky she let me in here looking like this. But she’s always been a friend. Even when I didn’t think I had any.

I take another sip and wait for her to get back from the all-night convenience store. I hope they have Monster Glue. That should hold me until I can get some stitches.

Otherwise it’s going to be a long wait until morning.

The hospital’s out of the question.

And it’s not like I can go home.

Jarrett and friends will be watching the place by now. And he’ll have someone hanging around the hospital.

When they actually take their heads out of their butts, they’ll figure out where I am. So soon’s Laci gets back, and I take care of my arm, I’ve gotta get outta here. I can’t put her life in danger like I already did with Colten.

No comments: